Professional Summary Fifteen years’ experience and an exceptional ability to bring creative solutions to deep problems. Ability to build and maintain user-friendly networks of any size. Strong background in a variety of programming languages and technologies. Seeking the opportunity to be an asset to a company and fellow coworkers. Currently pursuing Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching, intending to test in 2017.
- Knowledgeable of OSI model, TCP/IP, and Cisco networks - CCNA Certified
- In-depth understanding of multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows, OSX)
- Background in a variety of programming languages and techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills in both networks and computer systems
- Capable of training other employees in use of networks and software
- Efficient time management, able to multitask
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
Network Analyst; Website Management Systems; Las Vegas, NV2016 - PresentCost savings and increased reliability together at last
- Architected, designed, installed, troubleshooted, and maintained Cisco network for outbound/inbound VoIP Call Center. (Saving company nearly 50% in monthly costs over the exsting PRI-based traditional telephone system).
- Designed and implemented dual multi-homed Wide Area Network (WAN) with OSPF for internal Local Area Network (LAN). Worked with EIGRP in lab setting before deciding on OSPF.
- Achieved 99.99% network and server reliability (as verified by OpenNMS Network Management software).
- Wrote configurations of Polycom and Cisco IP phones and other PoE devices.
- Implemented L2/L3 switching QoS and security with LACP etherchannel trunking.
- Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS, Dell PowerConnect, Netgear, Belkin on switches and routers.
- Network includes multiple WAN connections with fiber optics, copper, and wireless.
- Worked with OSLR wireless mesh network IoT devices.
- Configured and deployed Asterisk PBX on Ubuntu Linux.
- Managed servers running Ubuntu, Debian, and CentOS Linux providing web-enabled applications and internet services.
- Prepared recommendations, justifications, and specifications for hardware and systems architecture of OpenStack cloud installation on-site.
- Managed Windows Server 2008 with Active Directory. Deployed Group Policy Objects (GPOs) saving hundreds of man-hours implementing desktop security and software deployment policies.
- Deployed ticketing software (OTRS) for users documenting problem resolutions and providing guidance and training to customers.
- Rack and Stack, Cable, configure, test, activate and cutover all new and replacement equipment.
Hyak Photography; Kennewick, WA2009-2015International Award Winning Photographer
- Managed dozens of terabytes (TB) of data.
- Hands-on customer relations experience catering to very picky high-end clients.
HyakDev.com LLC; Snoqualmie Pass, WA2006-2010Small and medium business network and computer consultantSmall business network and computer infrastructure consultant. Usually brought in for problem-solving in business crisis situations, including but not limited to, data compromise, system failures, data loss, or my favorite: cleaning up a mess left by someone who didn't charge as much.
- As a consultant oral communications, problem-solving, and customer service were at the forefront of this position as referrals by happy clients were the key to my success.
- Designed, installed, integrated, and tested enterprise-scale wireless and VoIP solutions across the US.
- Maintained wireless and wired networks across condominium complexes.
- Installed small and medium-sized Local Area Networks (LANs) with single ISP Wide Area Network (WAN) connections.
- Worked with Cisco, Belkin, Netgear, D-Link, Ubiquiti, and Metrex switches, routers, and wireless access points (WAPs).
- Developed web-enabled applications and internet services in Ruby on Rails with REST and SOAP interfaces.
- Acquired significant experience in transmission control protocol internet protocol (TCP/IP) stack. Switching, routing, network and internet services.
- Worked heavily with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Maintained attention to detail keeping projects separated while working with multiple clients in a day or week.
- Developed and implemented configuration management plans which ensure optimization of connectivity between remote sites. Developed and maintained local procedures for networks, system operations, and product assembly and installation.
White Dog Media; Henderson, NV2003-2004Small business network and internet
- Managed small business computer networks with single ISPs.
- Managed Linux and Windows servers including SUSE, Debian, and RedHat Linux.
- Full stack development with HTML, CSS, Perl, and Python.
Metrotime Communications; Ft. Worth, TX2002-2003The entire IT department of a small company looking to expand from installing phone systems to providing city-wide Wi-Fi. Maintained small business networks, computer systems, and servers. The company also dabbled in providing any service that any company might want involving computers. Software development in Perl, Python, and C. Systems administration for servers running Linux and Windows (Sharepoint/AccessDB). Network engineering, wired and wireless.
5GuysTech.com LLC; Poulsbo, WA1998-2002Managed servers and networks for a company that provided shared and dedicated web hosting to businesses.
PowerSurge Technologies; Cedar Rapids, IA1995-1996
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of all Windows NT servers.
- Introduced RedHat Linux servers in addition to the company's Windows servers.
- Wrote software to automate shared hosting site deployment with Apache and BIND.
- TCP/IP Networking
- Software development in Perl, BASH
Education and Certification
Columbia Basin CollegeGraduated 2006Associates of Arts and Sciences
Cisco Certified Network AssociateValid Through 11/2019Routing & Switching